The new Gea is our classic women's specific AT boot that redefined backcountry performance. Lightweight, warm, and versatile, this model is suitable for skiers of all levels and is ideal for someone looking for a boot that skis as well as it tours. The Gea utilizes Pebax Rnew: a sustainable, plant-based material that is planet-friendly—in both the Lambda Frame shell and Thor cuff while still providing high torsional rigidity, air ventilation, and a 60-degree range of motion. The HRS strap keeps your heel planted where it should be to increase performance and comfort on the way up and down while the lower Wave Closure system provides the same security as a 2-buckle system at a fraction of the weight. The glove-friendly Finger Strap features RECCO for increased avalanche searchability. The Gea is a reliable, intuitive, and comfortable alpine touring boot that can handle any type of mountain terrain and winter adventure.
- Dual-density Pebax Rnew Lambda Frame shell delivers on uphill and downhill performance
- Pebax Rnew Thor Cuff
- Speedlock XT Ski/Walk mechanism is friction-free and rock solid
- HRS Strap keeps your heel locked into place intuition liner is thermoformable and guarantees a warm, precise, comfortable fit
PEBAX RNEW SHELL AND CUFF
- Pebax Rnew materials are premium bio-based thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) made from the oil of the castor plant. They offer a unique combination of high-performance properties: sustained flexibility at low temperatures, high cold impact resistance, and outstanding energy return. These elastomers are typically 20% lighter than commonly used materials. In comparison to the Pebax material, Pebax Rnew elastomers combine a bio-sourced polyamide 11 rigid block (PA11) with a hydrophobic polyether soft chain. Bridging the gap between thermoplastics and rubbers, Pebax Rnew materials offer a sustainable solution for a wide range of high-performance applications in sports markets.
WAVE CLOSURE SYSTEM
- The Wave closure system, made exclusively for SCARPA, delivers two buckle closure strength security without adding extra weight
|Mondo (cm)||US Men's||US Women's|
Custom boot fitting recommended
Stop by for the perfect fit
|Forward Lean||16º +/- 2º|
|Liner||SCARPA® Pro Flex Touring Women's (Intuition)|
|Buckles||3 Buckles + Finger Strap|
|Sole||Vibram® Cayman PRO (ISO 9523)|
|Weight (pair)||1250g; 2lbs 12.2oz (1/2 pair size 25)|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Aqua/Black / 24||12053502-24||210000005191|
|Aqua/Black / 26||12053502-26||210000005261|
|Aqua/Black / 27||12053502-27||210000005262|